Welcome to the Ni Hao China official network !
Sign In

Sign In

Forgot password?

More Opportunities, Better Career

Universities & Programs FAQs:

How to find the right university?

At Ni Hao China, we will help you to find the right university that best fits your requirements. We will also help you with the ranking of universities. Please click Here for the ranking

How do I choose a course to start?

Deciding on what to study demands a lot of research into one’s career life. We advise to choose a major that matches your previous studies, what you are interested in and would like to do in future. Our consultants will guide you on what major to select for your studies and future career.

What are the requirements for studying in Chinese universities?

For one to study in China, you must follow Ministry of Education requirements. In addition, you must also follow and fit for the various universities’ requirements.

For example: Chinese universities don’t require you to provide an HSK language proficiency exam before applying for an English taught programs or Non-degree programs. What you need is your previous transcripts, academic certificate or diploma to make an application. But you are required to provide English proficiency test results such as GRE, TOEFL or IELTS if she/he is not from English speaking countries or have not studied in English before.

If you apply for degree courses taught in Chinese, you need to provide HSK examination results to prove your Chinese language proficiency or intensive language program entrance examinations are also accepted.

Do I need HSK for a degree program taught in English?

No, if you are applying for the programs taught in English, then there is no need in HSK certificate. Students who are applying for programs taught in Chinese are required to pass HSK examination (Level and score depend on the University and program you are applying to). Students who are applying for programs taught in English may be required to provide English proficiency test results as GRE, TOEFL or IELTS, which is also depends on the University and program you are applying to.

How much is the application fee?

No, if you are applying for the programs taught in English, then there is no need in HSK certificate. Students who are applying for programs taught in Chinese are required to pass HSK examination (Level and score depend on the University and program you are applying to). Students who are applying for programs taught in English may be required to provide English proficiency test results as GRE, TOEFL or IELTS, which is also depends on the University and program you are applying to.

Why do I have to pay the application fee?

Every university in China has an application fee. It is required to process the application documents and send the documents to the students by mail in their home country. The application fee is always paid before admission and is non-refundable, no matter whether you get the admission or not.

Do I have to pay service fee for Ni Hao China as well?

Yes, we have 5 types of services. Please contact us or see the information on our website if you have any questions about it.

How can I apply for a school?

For one to apply for a school, you need to create an account t Ni Hao China and fill the online application form of the university you want to apply for. Ni Hao China will assist you with the whole application process.

How early should I apply?

To be safe, you should aim to hand all your documents in 6 months before your course begins and before the deadlines. It is possible to do last minute applications depending on the universities. Our agency recommends to apply for multiple universities and will make sure to keep track of the deadlines. If you are unsure or have any concerns about deadlines, university choices or late applications, please contact us for advice and more information.

Can Chinese university provide programs taught in English?

The answer is yes, to attract more international students, more and more universities have settled up English taught programs. You can check which universities offer which courses in English under our universities & programs section.

However please note that not all universities can offer all their courses in English, so if you can’t find the right course or program, please contact our consultants for more information and we’ll provide you with the best option.

I searched for the program I want to apply for, but nothing was found, what should I do?

If you searched for a program, and nothing was found either in English or Chinese, then there is no such a program available. To make sure we also recommend to search by university using our search engine or by contacting us.

Can I begin my degree study in March?

The answer is yes, but it depends on which program you apply for because some degree programs only start in the beginning of September every year.

What are the required documents for a degree program?

1. University’s Application Form; 2. A copy of highest educational certificate and transcript; 3. A copy of guarantor’s passport or ID (if under 18 years old of age); 4. A copy of passport or other identifications 5. Two recent passport photos, white background, no hat, full face.

What are required documents for non-degree programs?

1. A photocopy of passport; 2. A photocopy of Highest Academic Diploma or Certificate with transcript; 3. A copy of guarantor or guardian’s passport or ID (usually if under 18 years old of age). Some universities might have exclusions. Contact us for more detailed information.

Fees and Costs FAQs:

What other types of living expenses should I plan for while living in China? 

Entertainment in China is generally inexpensive. Transportation options include the public bus (which costs 1-2 RMB per ride) and subway (2-5 RMB per ride), as well as taxi service which costs 13 RMB for short distances and up to 50 RMB to go across town or downtown. Many students also opt to buy bicycles while they are in China. Bicycles are the most common mode of transportation in China and the flat topography makes most cities ideal for this type of transportation. New bicycles can be purchased for around 200 RMB. In addition, electrical bicycles are also a common type of transportation in China, popular among students, but motorcycles are not allowed in most university’s by its regulations because it is considered dangerous.

Is the cost of living in China too high? 

Although prices in China are rising, the cost of living here is still favorable compared with most developed countries. You will be amazed by how comfortably you can live and how strong your purchasing power is. Compared to developed countries, the cost of living and studying in China is relatively low. Accommodation in Beijing is roughly RMB 2,000-3,000 yuan per month. An average meal costs around 10-20 yuan. The subway has a flat rate of 2 yuan and buses within the city are even cheaper. Smaller cities and those in China’s central and western regions are particularly inexpensive.

General cost for Chinese language study?

Different area and university charges dissimilar tuition fee, it may range from 6500 to18000RMB/semester according to teaching quality, location and curriculum.

Airport Pick-Up FAQs:

Can I get picked up at the airport?

Yes! There is a box you can check while filling out the application to apply for an airport pick-up. If you do select this option, we can arrange for an experienced student or staff member to pick you up from the airport and take you to your university.

How can I find my way to the university when I arrived without applying for Airport Pick-up?

Ni Hao China usually will post you with the university map and bus route along with the admission letter so you can show the address to the driver or get there yourself using public transportation (depending on what time your flight arrival is, in most cases you will have to use the taxi). Contact our student care service team, studentcare@nihaochina.com.cn or call +86-10-84610285 when you need any help or even got lost. We highly recommend our Airport-Pick up Service to make it easier for you.

Scholarships FAQs:

What kind of scholarship can I apply for?

There are mainly 4 kinds of scholarship for international students, Chinese Government Scholarship, Local Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship and University Scholarship, etc.

How do I apply for scholarship?

With an increase in foreign students applying to China, more and more students would like scholarships, and there is an increasing number of scholarships available. Ni Hao China scholarship application service is to help you to apply and successfully get a scholarship. Our mission is to guide you through the application process for scholarships and help you to increase your chances of getting one. We will assist you with preparation, organization of your documents and in recommending you for scholarships.

Student Care FAQs FAQs:

Can I work while studying?

According to government regulations in China, international students cannot work during their studies. However, part-time work or internships are allowed which we highly recommend because it improves your employability and career. English teaching jobs are particularly easy for native English speakers to find and many other opportunities are available. Ni Hao China can help you with the search of part-time jobs and internships.

How can I cash or exchange money while I am in China?

You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash, traveler's checks or on your country’s bank card. ATM machines are available in most banks of China. Students enrolling for longer courses may wish to open a bank account in the banks of China. Money Exchange is provided by the banks and by our agency also to make it easy and fast for you.

Do I need to know English to study in China?

To learn Chinese, it requires minimal knowledge of English. In the first months of Chinese language learning you will be taught in Simple English, as well as with the help of slides and gestures, then the teacher will completely switch to Chinese. English is also not required at the airport, as you can show your ticket and get directions, but as soon as you are out of the airport in a city English becomes not much of a use.

Can I finish language courses at one university and then study at another one?

It all depends on your program, whether it is related or not. If there are no dependencies, then you may well finish the language year in one university and enroll in another.

What do I need to do to get my student ID, library and ID for student’s services cards?

You may apply for student ID and Campus Card at the University, usually the campus card will give you access to the library and dining areas inside university. Generally, you will be informed by related person to deal with card application.

When do I get my student card?

You’ll be given one during the Welcome or Orientation Week. Once you have your student card you’ll be able to use all the facilities on campus.

Who can be my guarantor?

Your parents or anyone that can support you financially in case of any emergency.

What is a guarantor statement and why do I need to submit it?

A guarantor is a person who is responsible for a student in case of if he or she is experiencing financial or medical emergency. It’s mandatory to submit it because a university needs to know that in case of emergency there is a person who can hold a responsibility for you or your actions.

I am not 18 years of age yet, can I study in China?

Yes, students who are minors (under 18 years old) can study in China, but mostly only non-degree programs depending on the university’s policies. To study a non-degree program, they must provide a statement from a guardian, and his or her ID/passport. The guardian is required to be one of the following: a Chinese citizen, a foreigner with a valid work visa in China or a student’s parent whose child is applying. For a degree program, a student must be 18 years old or above, and if under 18 then it is mandatory to provide the guardian statement with his or her ID/passport.

How to write a study plan, research proposal or a motivational letter.

Contact Ni Hao China admission service team, our consultant will assist you to write it because it’s part of our service packages. See our Service Packages here.

What is the approximate cost of living per month in China?

Cost of living differs from province to province or city to city. But usually it is between $220 to 500. It depends on your personal lifestyle, wants and needs.

What should I pack before coming to China?

Contact Ni Hao China student care service team, our consultant will provide you with a guidebook of Pre-departure guidelines. Important information about luggage packing and departure is inside of the book.